The Yggdrasil Report

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I meant to post this earlier, but alas. I received an e-mail yesterday which seemed quite strange. It's definitely Chaucer, but the text is jumbled and makes little sense. Does it mean anything?

What with his wysdom and his chivalrie;
He conquered al the regne of Femenye,
Lete I this noble duc to Atthenes ryde,
How wonnen was the regne of Femenye
By Theseus, and by his chivalrye.

And God it woot, that it is litel wonder;
And as an angel ladde hym up and doun.

With mandementz for fornicacioun,
In scole-matere greet difficultee,
But atte laste he seyde unto the wyf.

And of my wyf the passyng crueltee,
Wepyng and waylyng, care and oother sorwe
Quod the marchant, "and so doon other mo
She sholde hym overmacche, I dar wel swere."
What sholde I yow reherce in special,
Were I unbounden, also moot I thee!
For wel I woot it fareth so with me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ancalime said...

That's a strange email indeed -- who's it from? You said Heimdall mostly works with construction; do they have some pretty high-tech computer systems to be designing and modeling their projects on?

7:41 AM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Hmm....I know you said Heimdall works in construction, but do they also do security?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Esteed said...

Hermod. Urgent news. We have found a message for you. The poem, the lines are not all included. The numbers of each line, when replaced with letters, give the phrase "ghost in the machine". Which leads here:

http://ghostinthemachine.atspace.com/

Notice in the upper left corner of the image, the number 255b?

http://ghostinthemachine.atspace.com/255b.htm

I think you need to do some serious thinking, Hermod.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Hermod, where are you? We need you. We're sort of drowning. Any word from your end?

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home